Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I'll Be Posting More Soon

Hello to everyone who reads my blog.  It's been a month since I've posted anything, but I'm going to be getting back to blogging now.  I've been very busy this past month.  I've been working on a paper from my research on Easter Island, and the deadline was the end of the month.  I also applied to graduate school.

Blogging is difficult for me when I'm working on a scientific paper.  I've been working to develop my voice as a blogger.  My goal is to write conversationally and accessibly on this blog.  Those habits aren't appropriate for science writing.  So in addition to being under two very serious deadlines, while also taking care of my infant daughter, the mental whiplash of trying to write for this blog while working on scientific writing was too much.

Well, I sent off my paper, so now I can get back to blogging.

I have a lot that I want to write about.  I want to write about the Charlie Hebdo killings (even though it's not so timely now), and there are some knives I want to write about.  Please feel free to suggest topics as well.  I love to get feedback.

Now to get to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment